Oct 15, 2010

Day 15: 31 Days of Halloween


Day 15: Scaredy Cat

I love these old images from Halloweens way back when.
this image was from Daisy D's Halloween Paper line that I've
had a while.

I distressed the green card stock and distressed the 
image.  Then I stamped Tim Holtz Cat
with embossing ink and embossed it with black
powder to get a deep black.
Does any one know which ink pad will give you the 
blackest image?  When I stamp with 
what I have it's just a dark gray. It may be the paper I'm using
and it just soaks up all of the ink.

I had the scariness going there for a while until I 
went all "flower child" on it with the bows and flowers.
I need to invest in scarier punches.

12 comments:

Daniella said...

I LOVE this!! The distressing is amazing!! Totally awesome!

Alison said...

Everyday, you wow me more and more! I have that Daisy D's paper too! Love that stuff! This is an awesome ATC. I LOVE vintage Halloween!

ldfdesign said...

wow! i love what you did with the paper, and how you used the image! marvolous!!!

SuzieQ said...

Great pumpkin heads and love the cat!

DonnaMundinger said...

Great distressing! Going all "flower child"...hilarious! xxD

Stitchinwitch said...

I love using vintage holiday images too. You really did a great job enhancing it

Steph said...

Creepy pumpkin heads! Another wonderful ATC, it looks like they are looking right at the cat.

Sugar said...

love vintage stuffs! the kitteh is awesome!!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Yet another beautiful ATC. The little flowers just enhance the vintage image. That cat is looking black from here.. very black - maybe it's the light you view it in?
Helen x

Unknown said...

I so love those pumpkins! Great ATC. I think so far this is my favorite

KC said...

I love those old vintage images! this is so cool how you colored the cat!!! so so cool!

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

I am so totally loving your ATCs! They are just awesome!