Sep 18, 2010

Bottoms Up!


I've been wanting to try monochromatic coloring and so with the Haunted Design House Challenge, I got the chance.  Their challenge : # 56 Monochromatic Monstrosities.  Now I had to look up how to color monochromatic-ly.

I found articles at Copic Creations on monochrome and shading the background (all the little dots in the background, I got a little carried away). Of course there were lots of examples to study and gather inspiration from the Haunter Design House Design Team.

The stamp is "Perfect Posion" from Kraftin Kimmie Stamps, I also used two stamps from Tim Holtz, the bats and the label.  I cut the bottle from the October 31 cartridge on the Cricut, used Martha Stewart punch for the foliage and the rose came from iamroses.com.

Other Challenges I am submitting to:


9 comments:

River Cottage said...

Fabulous! Love your color palette and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for joining the copic challenge

RoseC said...

This image is way too cute! It's a pleasure to see what you've done with it! Nice.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous! Love your layout, combination of stamps, and of course that creepy Cricut cut! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

Anonymous said...

Oh Lynette I LOVE this adorable card...it's spooky and SO cute at the same time...Beautiful job!!!!! And THANK YOU for your sweet comment on my blog!!!!!!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Love this one, and your monochromatic colouring is fantastic; I love her dress and hair :D
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at HDH with us!

Andrea C said...

I was sure I had commented on this, totaly gorgeous card x

CraftyMomOf3 said...

this is simply FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! love the black, white and grey tones!! makes your main image pop that much more!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Lilian said...

Yowzers! Your monochrome card is stunning! I really like your added details - creepy but perfect for the image. :)
Thanks for joining the Copic Creations Challenge!

Anonymous said...

I really love your monochromatic piece! You really did well and it results in a very stylish card!