Oct 10, 2010

Day 10: 31 Days of Halloween


Day 10: The Raven

This ATC will be 
"Forever More"
Stuck in my head.  Why didn't I listen to 
everyone on the web who said:
"Always trim your rubber stamps that are mounted on cling foam
very close so that you can tell where it's going"
Why couldn't I make the little Raven's feet touch the limb?
Cause I didn't trim close enough.  
UUUGGGGHHH!

I stamped these with embossing medium,
which is what? Invisible! Couldn't see a
thing until the black powder was added.
And I have no idea why the "Raven" word bled into the paper.
It looks like it melted right in the paper.

And let me just finish my rant, I was also working on my 
Simply Betty Challenge # 4 Project,
you know the one with the pumpkins.
I had it all laid out ready to cut in my gypsy, paper loaded,
the cricut started cutting and then
and then,

The Gypsy Died

The battery was dead, it needed charging.
That's what the flashing little red light is 
about folks, It's dying.  I thought I could
make it.  And to top that off all off I can't find my charger.
UUUGGGHHH!

So now I will have to punch in all those pumpkins and cut them 
one by one.
UUUGGGHHH!

Thank you for letting me vent my frustrations.  Back to the ATC.

Paper: My Minds Eye
Distress Inks: Ranger
Ribbon: I can't remmeber
DoHickey with the skull on it: I think it was Recollections from Michaels

Have a Great Day Ya'll.
and 
I mean it! LOL


12 comments:

Alison said...

Oh no! Sounds like your crafting didn't go too well! I'm sorry about your Gypsy...I can tell you why the letters melted (though I like the effect!). You heated up that section too much. You need to remove the heat just as the powder has melted otherwise it kind of pulls a bit of a disappearing act. But like I said, it looks cool here! I really like the whole ATC! Poe (and ravens!) rocks!

Kelli Green aka Cajunstampingqueen said...

I agree with Alison, it was just heated to much. I love this raven though! I think it is awesome!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

Only you would notice what you consider imperfections, hon. Tim Holtz says "embrace them!" I think this is fab! xxD

Daniella said...

Crazy electronics!! ugh.

I love that the raven looks melted into the paper!! I love when "mistakes" are really awesome!! This rocks!

Unknown said...

love your atc awesome work
Luv Jane xxx

Steph said...

Wonderful ATC, I think all the little mishaps only added to the creepiness... the melted letters the floating raven... i love it! Good luck on finding your charger :)

ldfdesign said...

hey, even though it didn't come out how you imangened, i still love it! great job!

SuzieQ said...

Sounds like a tough muse day - but it still looks great. Loving the raven!

Stitchinwitch said...

That is a wonderful ATC, love the raven and texture

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Crafting is all about making mistakes and learning from them and accepting even the mistakes look good to others. We are our own worst critics after all. I do all my own cutting out - no cricket here - so I know the trepidation you face - once you start ... good luck finding the charger
Helen x

Sugar said...

it still looks awesome! great job!!

KC said...

this is such a cool ATC probably my fave so far!!!