Aug 22, 2010

The Burtonesque Dolls Challenge - Vincent




This week's challenge at The Burtonesque Dolls  is to be inspired by this little movie by Tim Burton a while back, "Vincent".  #16 Vincent - Take a paragraph from the poem and use it for the basis of your card.



I took my inspiration from this part of the poem:


Such horrible news he could not survive
For his beautiful wife had been buried alive!
He dug out her grave to make sure she was dead
Unaware that her grave was his mother’s flower bed
His mother sent Vincent off to his room
He knew he’d been banished to the tower of doom
Where he was sentenced to spend the rest of his life
Alone with the portrait of his beautiful wife

I could just imagine him looking at her portrait and missing her so much, lonely, and singing that song.

The papers were from My Minds Eye and the Digital Stamps were from Simply Betty Stamps, the Vampire series, colored with copics.

I also entered this card in the Cricut Cardz Challenge, which was : # 38...ANYTHING GOES! Make a card using any cartridges, colors or theme you'd like.

So on the skeleton border, I made it on the Gypsy with the October 31 cartridge.  I welded the skeleton bones to a square.  If you have the October 31 Cart and would like this file, you can download the Gypsy file here:


Derric, my DS, was home with me today instead of off riding 4 wheelers, so he made a card with me.  I love his color combination with the brown and red.  He made his border too, with the Gypsy and the October 31 Cartridge.




3 comments:

Jeri said...

Love that skeleton border. Thanks for playing along at CCC.

Unknown said...

So cool card! Love the images. Your coloring is awesome :)

Eulanda said...

Wow I just LOVE those borders you have!!! And your interpretation of the challenge is very insightful!! Loved it!! Thanks for joining us dolls at TBD challenge blog!! Hugs!