Jan 27, 2010

Stuck on Sketches Jan 15 Challenge



I came across this challenge website  Stuck On U Sketches while on the Cricut Message boards.


All of the designer layouts were gorgeous.  I had give it a try.  I don't know what kind of style you would call this but I like it more and more.

I used the large round  Happy Birthday Penny Duncan tribute cut file made by Paul at Scale-files as my base circle for the rest of the design.

On the lower left side of the layout, I made a  "Vellma Flower".  Check out this You Tube Video for a tutorial on how to make this antique-y looking flowers.  It was really easy and it was so neat to see it develop before your eyes.




For the medium size flowers, I used the Pagoda Cricut Cart to cut the flowers and piece them together.   The title came from the song by Martina McBride, "In My Daughter's Eyes".  I thought it was a perfect fit.  The photo is of me and Katie on top of the Castle at Ruby Falls.

No comments: