Jan 27, 2010

Perry, my Hero and a Beautiful Handmade Book


Our favorite cartoon right now is Phineas and Ferb on the Disney Channel.  Perry the platypus is my new hero.  So of course I had to find a cut file for Perry.

I found cut files for the whole cast at Mardenz's blog site here:


But perry was just perry, I wanted Perry the spy.  So I had to make my own.


For the "007" type shadow I used the blackout  base without the piecing.  I used plain Perry on the other side of the layout.  I've got to finish the eyes and texture the tails.




If you would like my Perry the Agent file you can download it here:

PERRY AGENT WITH LABELS.svg

When you open it up in Inkscape it will show up with labels on the parts, like this:


I separated the parts to be able to cut it all a once when you have the whole 12 x 12 mat covered with the different colors.  It doesn't import into SCAL 2 with the labels, so if you have a question about a part refer to the file open in Inkscape.

This weekend I received a very beautiful handmade book from Penny Duncan from our SCAL Social Connection Group Book Swap.  Decorated with wonderfully altered papers and her own cut files, it's a treasure.



2 comments:

Carol's Crafts said...

You are so right about Penny's altered journal. It is so gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing the file too, it is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jan. 28, 2010. Thanks again.