It's January 13th, this is the day I start my 365 Day Project for 2009. I am a few days behind but I have wrestled with this long enough and have nothing else I would like more to accomplish this year. I need the pressure to continue learning and enjoying my photography.
My 365 Day Flickr Set for 2008 shows 122 photos out of 365 days. That is not even half. If I hadn't accepted the challenge last year I would not have these beautiful photos that give a little cross section view of our life for 2008. If I hadn't, I would not have learned that searching for a photo often meant searching for gratitude for the day. If I missed a day, I continued the next day. If I missed a week, I continued the next day. I toted my DSRL camera in a separate bag last year because I worried of damaging the camera. The only thing that happened when carried my camera everywhere I went was "I took pictures."
I love starting a new project but hate the let down of not finishing. I have tried to resist the challenge this year because of not finishing last year. I remember how it felt when it became a chore to find something to photograph. This year I believe more people are showing interest than last year and I hope to feed off of their excitement when my tank is low.
I did not join the Project 365 flickr group last year but I am joining today. A lot of people from last year have written that it has helped them tremendously.
My 365 Day 2009 Project will start Today on the 13th. Following some of the tips found on the internet should make the challenge much smoother.
Project 365 Resources:
Shutter Sisters - Tips for shooting a photo a day for 365 days
Photojojo: How to Take a Photo a Day and See Your Life in a Whole New Way
Beck Higgins : Free Download for Project 365
Becky Higgins: Project 365 Q and A
It's on the Creative Keepsakes Product Page, even though the kit is sold out you can download the PDF.
Shimelle.com - Looking Back at Project 365 (In 3 parts)
1 comment:
good luck with your project! you can do it!
R
Post a Comment