Following Rhonna’s lead on a Monday, I was hit by inspiration and I actually finished a project.
Kayla Lamoreaux posted at Digital Scrapbooking 101 her revamped scrapbook studio with real “ Scrapbook Paper”. She created a valance and even covered her photo catergorie drawers (an essential part of the Library of Memories system, Kayla is also a coach at Big Picture Scrapbooking in the Library of Memories Class).
I decided mine needed a little decor style and I created face plates for my own drawers using Photoshop and House of 3 “Sunny Papers” and “Bird Cage Printables” I adjusted the color using the Hue and Saturation under the Image menu so the background would be green. Then I built a couple of face plate templates so that when you place paper image over them you can adjust what part of the pattern shows.
I cut out which bird cage I wanted on each and used the Multiply Blending mode to bring up the background behind the bird cage. After they ran thru the Xyron and pressed on chip board, I cut them out with an xacto knife, roughed them up with sand paper and distressed them with ink all around.
They are snug enough around the name plate I don’t have to glue them to drawers. Pop on and Pop off. This allows me to change the paper and pattern when I come across more great designs by Rhonna in the future.
Let’s see, what else can I cover:
- the file cabinet drawers
- ribbon jars
- spice rack for embellishments
- the Pampered Chef tool caddy
- covers for the notebooks
I could go on and on ………………
1 comment:
Hi sweetie!
Thanks for stoppin' by the Yaya! Love your blog...very inspiring. I wish I had the patience to do digital scrapbooking, but alas...not too computer savvy! :)
I look forward to getting a chance to meet you....have a beautiful & creative week! xo...deb
Post a Comment